Oh, boy. I’ve neglected this blog so badly that I actually had to ask WordPress to reset my password because I couldn’t remember it. Sad, sad. I’m hoping to get a bit more faithful about blogging in 2015 – it was very therapeutic for me this year!
It’s New Year’s Eve, which for me means it’s time to see how I did on my list of 100 things – what held up throughout the year and what didn’t. Accomplished list items are in bold – and I’ve made notes by several items in italics. And then it’s on to making 2015’s list, which I have decided is going to be 50 items.
Zumba Yoga – I actually tried Zumba for about two weeks but fizzled out – frustrated by how difficult it was (for me anyway).
2. Picnic at the park behind my house
3. Make a home cookbook
4. Post to my blog once a week – I started soooo strong on this one and made it all the way to October! (I counted business blog posts, too)
5. Keep Champagne & Chocolate Friday project going until goal date (Done! Finished on my birthday!)
6. Read 20 books – close, I read 14!
7. Use my fondue pot
8. Have a sushi making dinner with J.
9. Do a Pop-up dinner party
10. Do a neighborhood progressive dinner
11. Join and use Pinterest (Done!)
12. Eat dinner in backyard
13. Learn my camera
14. Learn a new game (Done! Liar’s Dice 1/1/14)
15. Learn how to use my tablet (Done!)
16. Organize digital pictures – started to but fizzled
17. Get a brighter light for my office (2 adorable new lamps!)
18. Find wedding album – This one makes me sad, we searched high and low but it’s going to take emptying all boxes in garage.
19. Organize kitchen
20. Re-cover couch pillows
21. Get a clock for living/dining room (Done! 2/18/14)
22. Clean out storage tables
23. Clean out drawers of TV stand
24. Get light bulbs for hutch
25. Get recliners tightened
26. Get melted stove knobs replaced
27. Add more photos to hallway collage (Done! 8/7/14)
28. Order a canvas of our family portrait
29. Clean out coat closet
30. Clean out linen closet
31. Clean out my bathroom cabinet (Done! 7/23/14)
32. Clean out guest bath drawers and cabinets
33. Redecorate guest bedroom – it’s not quite finished, but I’m considering it done because I spent a lot of time working on it.
34. Clean out guest closet (In process)
35. Decorate out front/courtyard (new mat [done!], plants, lights)
36. Private (done!)
37. Organize computer files
38. Clean out email inbox
39. Back up computer
40. Synch contacts Phone-Tablet-PC (Done!)
41. Create an organized network spreadsheet (Done! 5/1/14)
42. Do Right Brain Business Plan – in the middle
43. Teach first class that is all profit
45. Create a focused routine/schedule – I’m considering this done because I made HUGE progress in this area this year – now I need to work on sticking to it.
46. Private (In process)
47. Read the Four Doors (Done!)
48. Read the Four Agreements (Done!)
49. Attend church regularly – I’m considering this one done because I joined an AMAZING weekly Bible study group and as it is said, ‘where two or more are gathered, is church”.
50. Do health meditations all the way through (In process)
51. Take a live meditation class (Done! 3/29/14)
52. Take a wine and painting class (Done! 3/15/14)
53. Take mindfulness series at Kaiser (Done! 4 weeks in June)
54. Have a Family game night/day
55. Set up 100 resolutions FB group (Done!)
56. Set up a WAG FB group (Done! 5/29/14)
57. Write a letter to [Someone influential from my youth] (Done! 7/20/14
58. Write a letter to [Someone influential from my youth] (Done! 7/20/14)
60. One full week of an FB and texting sabbatical
61. Watch Sing Blue Silver with Julie – I’ve tried finding it on Netflix and Amazon, no luck!
62. Finish watching all of Mad Men (Done! 7/24/14)
63. Art journal or do some kind of art 4x per week – I was so good at this at the beginning of the and then fizzled out.
64. Art journal for 30 days straight (Done! March 17-April 15)
65. Plan and take a pet-friendly vacation
66. Do an open house luncheon every other month – I did this twice but then decided to stop doing it because it was becoming “too much” for me
67. Organize photos by month all year – I only got through January-March! Boo!
68. Create an end-of-year “best of” video – started and will be revealed this weekend.
69. Make 10 new things with toilet paper / paper towel rolls (1. Rosebud canvas art. 2. Rosebud monogram 3. Butterfly painting)
70. Have nieces over for a sleepover (Done! 3/16/14)
75. Clean out closet file cabinet
76. Clean out black file cabinet (Done! 6/28/14)
77. Bring more bling/sparkle into the house (Done! Love this!)
78. Have Rick teach me how to make Grandma’s Chocolate Cake
79. New plates for plate holder in dining room (Done! 8/3/14)
80. Watch entire Twilight Zone series (in process) Abandoning because….BORING.
81. Learn card making (Done! 3/15/14)
82. Visit an art museum
83. Make a 2013 photo book
84. Go to 3 movies alone (Only went to ONE, boo!)
Work or read in a coffee shop once a month (In process. Done: January, February, March) I decided not to be FORCED to do this because it’s on my list!
86. Clean out small garage
87. Clean out big garage
88. Learn how to hang plates on the wall
89. Add to thrifted champagne flute collection once a month (Done: January, February, March. April, May, June, July. In August I bought 15 more – plenty through end of year!)
90. Do 100 acts of kindness
91. Make sequined mirror
92. Write a letter to Nicole at least once a month – this is one of the things I’m most proud of. My sweet 10-year-old pen pal!
93. Reach out to Barbara every now and then (Done!)
94. Clean out master closet
95. Decorate water closet
96. Celebrate what got done this year (whoo!)
97. Make next year’s 100 list Considering done even though I’m making it be 50 and it isn’t finished yet but will be by the end of the weekend!
98. Learn 10 art journal techniques (In process. Done: 1. Collaging 2. Segmented background 3. Wax paper background 4. Paint pantina)
99. Pedicure every month May – September
100. Get a library card
TOTAL ITEMS DONE: 37! YAY!